Thursday, August 1, 2013
Double Hall Ball At LBCC
Since Im over the whole surf scene now and have moved on from it- Ive caught my share of corbina, croakers and halibut in the surf- I did show up not for the seminars but rather to catch up with some old faces I rarely see anymore, specifically Doug Uyematsu, Joe Libeu and Bill Calhoun. I wanted to catch up and see what each guy was up to and get their contact info so we could fish together sometime. I did,though, find the portion by Robby King regarding making fly fishing videos particularly interesting as well as the fly tiers at attendance.
Ive always like Uyematsus flies so I spent sometime looking at his flies he brought and found this one particularly interesting, its an oldie but I had never seen it since I left the surf scene:
Dougs Ghost Minnow